Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hot Off the Press!

Hey dudes! It's been a while, I fell off the wagon a bit with blog posts last week because of taxes and busy-ness, but now I'm BACK and I have things to show you!

First up, I can't believe I haven't posted this yet, but this was done back in February for PLANADVISER's "Hot Off the Press" section...
It is AD'd by the charming SooJin Buzelli --I was happy to meet her and Chris Buzelli in person at the Heads for Haiti gallery opening last weekend.

I like the final, but had some trouble with the sketches....I had done a very straight-laced business illustration beforehand, and had some issues loosening up and finding a very non-literal interpretation of "Hot Off the Press". I think it worked out in the end, though (and taught me a good lesson!)

Sketches:


Final:


P.S. I found out that "Spring Awakening" piece from a few posts below got into Spectrum 17! Sweeeet.

4 comments:

dadu shin said...

this picture...pleases me. haha lovely piece kali!

Unknown said...

Turned out amazing Kali!

-Brun
http://bruncroes.blogspot.com/

Chris Buzelli said...

Hi Kali,
It was good talking to you and all your friends at the show. Congrats on the beautiful piece. Love the sketch version with the little man in the bird suit.

Igor Tomaz said...

Kali, just passing by to tell you that your amazing artwork just knocked me out. Greetings from a brazilian fan!