Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!


Since Hanukkah starts this evening, I wanted to put up an illo from this past weekend's edition of the Boston Globe. The article was an interesting essay written by a Jewish mother struggling with her son's fascination with Christmas.

My sketch ideas all seemed to flow out naturally and quickly, which was a nice surprise (especially since turnaround time was short).




Color took longer to figure out, but I had fun using colors that I don't often choose, and I'm really happy with the results. I have to use neons more often! Thanks again to ace AD Ryan Huddle for another interesting assignment! (and another chance for me to bone up on my square compositions!)

3 comments:

Whitney Pollett said...

Beautiful!!
I love the neons, the composition, the square framing and the theme, of course! Great work as always. I like to pop in from time to time and I'm always so enthralled.

Cup O Swank Studio said...

Kali, you've done it again! Love it!

Alexis Barattin said...

All these compositions are lovely!