Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Omoide Yokocho




Omoide Yokocho (otherwise known as "Memory Lane" or "Piss Alley") for Light Grey Art Lab's In Place show. Buy a print here!

Omoide Yokocho is a series of slim, cramped alleyways in Shinjuku, packed with yakitori stalls that can only fit 5-10 people at a time and salarymen looking for a drink after work. It's basically a timecapsule from post-war 1950's Japan, and it looks like an amazing place to visit. A lotta work & reference, but one of my favorite pieces I've done. Take a quick walk through via youtube, here! And thanks to Irene Koh for double-checking all my japanese signage!

Can you spot the cat? :3

5 comments:

Maƫlle said...

Kali... will you marry me ?
Your colors are amazing ! ♥

Daniel Teran said...

I Love your work Kali, the compositions and colors are allways very, very interesting and the concepts are smarts too.

I attached this blog to mi list of awesome illustrators!

Cheers from Mexico

Daniel T. (illustrator)

Alex Fuentes said...

jeje I also used the same photo for one of my drawings, what a coincidence!

alejandrofuentes.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/hace-unos-meses-empece-un-nuevo.html :P

I love how you solved the illustration, nice work!!❤

Ham said...

Oh my gosh this is so beautiful and ambient. Take me there!

Eric McGrew said...

Just found your work. I really like it! Just thought you deserved to know that. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep coming by for needed inspiration.

Thanks,
Eric